We work in partnership with communities to expand Montessori Birth-to-Six programming in areas that have traditionally lacked access.
Access Montessori is a one-of-a-kind partnership between Montessori teacher trainers, senior Montessori practitioners, administrators and local early learning leaders and providers. Together, we are working to ensure that all communities have access to high quality Birth-to-Six Montessori programming.
Access works in partnership with communities across the country to provide continuing education and program implementation support to teachers, administrators and parents — directly in their communities.
Access works to:
- Expand the number of Birth-to Six-Montessori opportunities for families, with a focus on increasing options in the public sector.
- Provide whole-system implementation support for Montessori programs, allowing us to reach all of the community members needed to build and sustain a successful Montessori program.
- Build the case for supporting Montessori programming in previously underserved communities
- Support a new generation of Montessori leaders in the communities in which they live and work
- Create opportunities for the refinement of knowledge and reflection on the practice of implementing Montessori in a diverse range of settings.
The goal of early childhood education should be to activate the child’s own natural desire to learn.
—Dr. Maria Montessori